The University of Art and Industrial Design Linz – Institute of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies, Vacancy for a Professor of “Artistic Photography” according to Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act (UG)
The University of Art and Industrial Design Linz invites applications for a full-time position as Professor of “(Artistic) Photography” starting on 1 March 2021 according to Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act (UG 2002). The monthly salary of €5,245.60 (before tax and deductions) is based on Section 49 (1) of the collective bargaining agreement. The contract term is 6 years. A higher salary depending on the applicant’s professional qualifications and experience and a contract extension are possible.
The University of Art and Industrial Design Linz is looking for a renowned artist with outstanding qualifications and a nationally as well as internationally recognised body of work to fill the full-time position of Professor of Artistic Photography in the Institute of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies. The artist must be able to offer artistic training in the subject of photography and provide students with both technical and practical skills as well as a knowledge of current issues in the field of photography.
The vacancy is addressed to artists who can show artistic expertise and teaching commitment, a sound knowledge of current issues in the field of photography, as well as national and international connections to the art and culture industry. Previous university teaching experience is an asset.
– Art degree from a university, university of applied sciences, or an academy, or an equivalent artistic qualification,
– Outstanding artistic or arts-based research qualifications in the field of photography,
– Internationally recognised artistic work,
– Connections to the international art world,
– Leadership skills,
– Technical and practical skills in the field of artistic photography,
– Promotion of young artists
– Didactic skills and relevant teaching experience,
– Knowledge of the international debate in the field of artistic photography,
– Promotion of young artists/junior academic staff in the field of photography,
– Ability to work in a team and good social skills,
– Willingness to participate in university committees,
– English skills,
– Sensitivity to any form of sexual, ethnic, or social stereotyping or discrimination
The University of Art and Industrial Design Linz pursues an anti-discriminatory hiring policy and is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. The University strives to increase the proportion of women among the academic, artistic, and general university staff, especially in leadership positions, and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. Applicants with migration experience and/or a migration background and applicants with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for any expenses arising from the application process.
Digital applications are to be sent with the relevant documents for demonstrating the above-mentioned qualifications as well as a brief teaching concept to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 May 2020.