Call: Bank Austria Studio for Young Artists
Submission until January 15, 2021
Bank Austria has a long tradition of supporting art and culture. And they have had a special focus on young artists from the very start, because Bank Austria regards such support as a sustainable investment in the future of a society.
This is precisely the position of the Bank Austria Studios: Their objective is to offer young artists a comprehensive programme of support that smoothes the path along which they take their first steps towards their artistic future.
The period immediately after leaving university is a particularly challenging one for many. In particular, the problem of finding affordable working space is often very hard to solve. This is only one of the areas where the Bank Austria Studios intervene in order to offer concrete help. The programme supports and accompanies students after they complete their academic training in a number of ways:
- Financing of working space.
- Development of a sustainable national and international network in the artistic and cultural sector.
- Practice-oriented support from people from outside the university sector.
- Financial training from Bank Austria.The Bank Austria Studios have an international outlook. This is why not only Austrian but also international graduates of Austria’s art academies are invited to apply.
Members of the Jury
- Ingried Brugger, Director, Bank Austria Kunstforum Vienna
- Lilli Hollein, Director, Vienna Design Week
- Hedwig Kainberger, Head of the Culture Section, Salzburger Nachrichten
- Hemma Schmutz, Artistic Director, Lentos Kunstmuseum and Nordico Stadtmuseum Linz
- Christoph Thun-Hohenstein, General Director & Artistic Director, MAK
Conditions of Participation
- Participants must be registered as Austrian residents
- Participants must hold the copyright to their work as set out in § 10, Paragraph 1 of the Law on Copyright. At the same time, participants confirm that they hold all necessary rights and authorisations regarding the submitted documents and that they indemnify UniCredit Bank Austria AG against all related claims from third parties.
- UniCredit Bank Austria AG offers the prospect of publishing – fully or partially – the participating cultural projects and of inviting participants to deliver a lecture on the subject of their cultural project.
- By deciding to accept support from Bank Austria, each participant agrees to the publication and dissemination of all documents (and, in particular, the texts, photos, videos and graphic images contained therein) by UniCredit Bank Austria AG.
- Each participant agrees that the decision of the jury is final.
The Bank Austria Studios Programme would be delighted to answer any questions. Please send these to the following mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org