Open Call: Fotofestiwal Łódź
The Open Call for Fotofestiwal Open Program gives you an opportunity to present your works to the audience of the International Festival of Photography held held on 9 – 26 June 2022 in Łódź (Poland). The Fotofestiwal is looking for artists with an Open Call for Fotofestiwal Open Program gives you an opportunity to present your works to the audience of the International Festival of Photography held in June 2022 in Łódź (Poland). We are looking for artists with exceptional personalities and projects which present bold visions. The call for entries is open—with no thematic or age limits. We invite specialists from the world’s most important media and photographic institutions to join the jury. From among the submitted projects in this category, the jury will select five which, in cooperation with the curators of Fotofestiwal, will be presented in the form of an exhibition. We hope to meet you there!
OPEN CALL “COMMUNITY”
This year, we decided to add one additional category that relates to the main theme of the festival’s curatorial program. The jury will select one project from this category to present in the form of an exhibition. We are looking for artistic and social projects whose main theme is community, but also utopia, local spirit, cooperation and integration.
“Community” concept: there would be no humanity as a whole if there was no communal thinking. Community gives us a sense of identity and belonging, it makes things meaningful and creates the social foundations. In the fluid modernity of the 21st century, more and more often we look for the roots of human community, the real, primal bonds, ones that are not based solely on the existing, anachronistic values, or post-feudal, capitalist, religious and national structures. What are contemporary communities based on? How do traditional ones evolve? Is technological development an opportunity or a threat to them? What is a utopia and what is a real possibility in the search for an ideal community? What voices are missing in the narratives of our communities? Finally, how to create a community today based on respect for diversity? These and other problems will be the core focus of the exhibitions, projects, discussions prepared by curators, artists, academics and experts invited to co-create the 21st Fotofestiwal in Łódź.
Deadline: December 20, 2021
- Lea Vene, an independent curator and cultural anthropologist | Zagreb, Croatia
- Krzysztof Candrowicz, curator, artistic director, researcher | Łódź, Poland
- Void: Myrto Steirou & João Linneu; Void is an independent publishing house dedicated to photography books and education | Athens, Greece and Reykjavík, Iceland
- Anna-Kaisa Rastenberger, PhD, currently works both as the Chief Curator of Exhibitions at the Finnish Museum of Photography and as Professor of Exhibition Studies at the Academy of Fine Arts, University of the Arts Helsinki, where she is responsible for the MA-program for curatorial and exhibition studies, Praxis, too | Helsinki, Sweden
- Daria Tuminas (RU, based in NL) is the curator of FOTODOK – exhibition space | Utrecht, Netherlands
What winners receive
- Exhibition during FOTOFESTIWAL in Łódź (from 9th to 26th of June, over 20.000 viewers) for 6 artists,
- Artistic fee 400 euro,
- Accomodation for main opening weekend of the festival (4 nights),
- Reimbursement of travel costs up to 200 euro,
- Exhibition production budget 450 euro.
Click here to apply.
in case of any questions reach us on: email@example.com